Because of the two looong weekends this month has to offer,I now declare August as one of my favorite months (Well, I, of course have a bias with January it being my birth month and October because of all the bliss that month showered me with last year but yeah, I have my new (third) favorite!).
Not because I get to enjoy the long weekend (in sales, you’ll never know when emergency meetings and important directions will be cascaded so we are also on call most of the time) but because during long weekends I know my friends will be available those times so I can just show up and meet up with them if it is confirmed that we do not have anything coming up.
So, how did I spend August 18, 19, 20, 21?
18 – work (whole day until evening)
19 – sunday is family and rest day and work backlog catch up day🙂
20 – meeting (whole morning), product presentation (whole afternoon)
21 – tsaraaan, holiday
So, how to enjoy it the last minute way?
1. Meet up with your super long time friend. How long? Like friend-since-kindergarten long. Yeah, we were literally classmates since Kindergarten, Prep, Elementary, High School and we even went to the same college (UPLB). He’s also the only guy in our barkada (we’re seven in the group).
2. Meet up in a new place you would both explore and enjoy. Since UPLB is so dear to our hearts, we didn’t look for any other place. We initially wanted to try that Herb-something restaurant near UPOU (Open University), but since it’s closed for the holiday and since Rated K featured this new restaurant in Calauan, Laguna last Sunday, Fresh Catch Isdaan, Floating Resto and Fun Park, we both decided to go there.
3. Feast on Food. Food, I tell you, is one of my biggest happiness in life and being adventurous when it comes to eating different varieties – love love🙂 We had a hard time choosing from their gigantic menu so we just tried their ‘bestseller’. Since it’s a holiday, it’s crowded with people so we had to wait for more than 30mins for us to be seated. Choosing from the menu takes time so we didn’t mind :p
Once seated, orders took time to be served as well …
And then here comes the food:
Barrio Fiesta’s Kare-Kare – Gulay Lang (P219.00)
Crab Rice: (P196.00)
And the Best-Seller: Lechon Tinupig (P432.00)
Watermelon Shake (P89.00)
4. Be Captivated with the Scenery and Enjoy the Place. When all the pigging out is done, breathe some fresh air, and some🙂
And we really meant it when we said ENJOY the place!
7. Be thankful for that wonderful experience.
8. Walk home smiling for a worthwhile time spent with one of your dearies.
And then you’ll realize, no matter how little that escape had been, no matter what happens next, for the next hours or minutes, tragic or unexpected, at least you had this quality time you can always look back to.